ln high-pressure gradient elusions using two pumps, one of the causes of ghost peaks is due to the interfering contaminants with strong hydrophobicity dissolved in the mobile phase.
The Clean up column with polymer based packing materials can absorb and remove such hydrophobic components in the mobile phase.
The higher efficient removal will be achieved with the mobile phase having less than 50 % of organic solvent. As the organic solvent, Water, methanol and acetonitrile can be apply to this column.
- Elimination by absorption of strong hydrophobic interfering components from aqueous mobile phase.
- Flushing by organic solvent is available.
You can choose from two alternatives, column type or cartridge type.
Elimination of interfering components from mobile phase by Clean up column.
Typical flow-diagram using Clean up column
Cleanup column is connected to the outlet of the pump delivering less elution solvent than another pump in the high-pressure gradient system:
|Product Name||Size||Maximum Pressure||Type|
|Clean up Column||4.6 mm I.D. x 50 mm L||30 Mpa||Column|
|Product Name||Size||Maximu Pressure||Type|
|Cartridge-Column holder 30||Holder|
|Cartridge-Column CLEAN-HPX||3.0 mm I.D. x 30 mm L||50 MPa||Cartridge|
- Initially, Clean up column is needed to be flushed well by organic solvent such as acetonitrile or methanol when you use it for the first time.
- In case with the detection by mass spectrometer (MS), the use of this column may cause some noise in MS detection.
- Hydrophobic chain of ion pair reagent will be adsorbed onto the Clean up column. Therefore, the peak retention time or shape may change from those without using Clean up column.
- It is not assured that all the contaminants can be removed by Clean up column.
- The lifetime of this Clean up column will depend on the conditions such as composition of mobile phase. Flushing with organic solvent may improve the lifetime. Water, methanol and acetonitrile can be used for flushing.